THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING TO OUR UPDATES
An email has been sent to your inbox containing the following information. Please check your promotions and spam folders if you don’t see it.
You’ll now receive notifications about new blog posts and other important news and events taking place here, at The Real Uganda.
While you’re here, are you thinking of volunteering abroad but finding it hard to choose the best program?
DO THESE SENTENCES DESCRIBE YOU?
- I think it’s important to travel the world in a meaningful way.
- I love meeting people from all over the world.
- I’m not afraid to dig in where ever help is needed.
- I believe in local solutions to local problems.
- I understand there are costs involved in volunteering abroad, but I’m on a budget.
- I’ve always wanted to travel to Africa, but I’m a little nervous to go on my own.
IF YOU ANSWERED ‘YES’, YOU’RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE
The Real Uganda is about culture exchange and building relationships. Our volunteers come from all over the world to work in a variety of programs that support local people, taking charge of their own development.
The Real Uganda staff and partners are fully located in Uganda, so our program fees are kept low. Our two to 12 week placements start at $600, and include all in-country transportation, meals, and accommodation. 100% of these funds stay in Uganda.
Once you arrive, you’ll be supported by The Real Uganda staff, and other like-minded volunteers and Ugandans, who will help you settle in. You’re not on your own, but part of a dedicated team working together to change lives.